Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wolfman Predictions Come True?

In several of my movie-related articles this year, I've mentioned that I was a little skeptical (or more than a little) about the upcoming Wolfman movie. Something about the previews just left me doubts about whether the movie was going to work. One clue - the previews showed a lot of talking, but not a lot of the werewolf. For a movie like this, that struck me as a concern.

I saw this on io9 today. It's far from conclusive, and it's not unprecedented for a film to be panned in pre-release reviews and then go on to box-office success, but it looks pretty bad.

The first reviews of this film are popping up, and they're mostly pretty damning — and full of spoilers. (It's compared to, among other things, Ang Lee's Hulk, and one reviewer urges you to watch a Syfy original movie instead.)

I'm not gleeful that this movie might potentially suck - I want all movies to be spectacular because I really like movies - but it's rewarding to know that my gut reaction to this film might have been spot-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment