Friday, July 24, 2009

We interrupt this travelogue for a special report...

Hollywood is under zombie attack!

Well, it's more the zombies who are under attack. Author Max Brooks, whose post-apocalyptic zombie novel World War Z is in pre-production as a major motion picture, revealed in a recent Fangoria Radio interview that the film's screenwriter, J. Michael Straczynski, has been replaced. Instead, the screenplay will be (re-)written by Matthew Michael Carnahan, whose previous works include the (in my opinion) lacklustre film Kingdom of Heaven.

I'm an unapologetic Straczynski fanboy, having enjoyed Babylon 5 immensely and since read most of his other written works, primarily comics. I trusted JMS to make an amazing screenplay out of World War Z. I have no such confidence in Carnahan, based on what I've seen of his work, and this is a movie I was really looking forward to seeing. I'm also sad because The Changeling wasn't a story that particularly interested me and I was looking forward to a major JMS-written motion picture that was more to my taste. I suppose I'll need to wait for Silver Surfer or Lensman, but they're both still quite a ways off. Although at this rate, so is World War Z.

From Bloody-disgusting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment