Saturday, October 17, 2009

Blog Highlights

The higher-than-usual traffic has continued, actually hitting 300 on Friday. Apparently THIS is Sparta. For the benefit of those just joining us, there are a few blog entries buried around here that might be of interest. I thought I'd highlight them for your reading amusement (especially since I only write regular blog entries Monday through Friday).

First up: There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area we call New York City (apologies to Rod Serling, naturally). I recently won an essay contest for Good Morning America Weekend wherein I nominated a local rib joint to be named the best BBQ restaurant in the country. And it won! So I got to be on TV and won a trip to NYC. The whole saga is recounted in fifteen parts beginning with Mike’s Bar-B-Que Adventure: Syracuse and then continuing on to New York City and beyond. Just start there, and navigate forward in time using either the "Newer Post" link at the bottom of each article (after the comments section) or the navigator along the lefthand side of the blog which lists all of the blog posts at Virtual Vellum. The whole NYC thing was posted back in June.

The other big hit here was a draft of a short story that I posted back in August. There's a short blurb about the story here, including my guidelines for handling redistribution and such. The story itself was titled "If the One Doesn't Get You."

Beyond those two, you'll find all manner of ramblings from movie reviews to product reviews (all uncompensated, despite my best efforts to sell my soul to corporate America. Soul's aren't worth what they used to be, I guess) to ruminations on life and society and politics. I hope most of it entertains you, I hope some if it makes you think, and certain specific items might even make you mad, which is okay too. Again, welcome to Virtual Vellum.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment