Friday, April 2, 2010

Have a Good Friday!

Aren't they all good, though?

I plan to spend at least half the day continuing to re-write Chapter 6 for the umpteenth time. I now have the original Chapter 6 (which is pure backstory info-dump), Chapter 6b (wherein I pull a character forward from Chapter 13 and elaborate on THEIR backstory while also trying to cram in some useful info-dump, so far with dubious results) and Chapter 6c (wherein I go back in time to the timeframe of the backstory, expand on one character previously mentioned only as a historical reference, and add a new (rather cool if somewhat pathetic) character.)

So far, 6c offers the most hope of incorporating most or all of the key info-dump data into a more character-driven chapter, but the result will be looooong. It's up to 7 or 8 single-spaced pages already and I've still got at least half of the original 6-page info-dump left to go.

So the bad news is that I have yet to complete a replacement chapter for chapter 6 (which I'm still not entirely convinced needed to be totally re-written. The more I've studied and dissected it, the happier I am with it in its more-or-less original form). Further bad news is that I've created TWO chapters in its place, neither of which do I exactly know where they'd fit in the book and at least one of which (if not both) may actually end up as TWO chapters for a total of FOUR chapters that I don't know what to do with but which nominally would replace ONE chapter that actually may not have needed quite this much attention.

Sigh.

Anyway, that's it for me - I'll be back after Easter. To commemorate the holiday, here, have a picture of Zombie Jesus! It's Blaspha-tacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment