Friday, January 1, 2010

I Need a New Game

The only new game I bought in 2009 was Batman: Arkham Asylum. I played it for a solid month at least, so I'd say it was a damn good buy, but there's a lot more than one month in a lifetime. After Batman, I went back and re-played Half-life, including:

The original Half-Life
The short episode Half-Life: Uplink
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life 2
The short episode Half-Life 2: Lost Coast

Before Batman, I'd re-played Far Cry, Diablo, Heroes of Might & Magic 4, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, and Civilization IV. Now that I've finished every Half-Life game I own, I'm replaying Diablo II for the umpteenth time. Nostalgia is all well and good, but damn. I really need to play something new.

I remember when I used to be a hard-core gamer, playing 1-2 new games each month. One thing I can say for World of Warcraft - playing that for a time to the exclusion of all else broke the chain of going through games at a ferocious pace. But I haven't played WoW in forever and I'm just about out of old games that I want to replay. My in-laws gave me some Best Buy gift cards for my birthday and I think I finally know what I'm going to spend them on. I just need to decide whether it'll be Left for Dead 2, Dragon Age: Origins, or something else entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment